Thursday, February 2, 2012

Which do you prefer, slim girl or fat girl?


We can find many culture differences between developed countries and Africa.
When I lived in Niger before, one of the most surprising facts I found there was that guys love fat women, so many women want to be fat. It's totally the opposite of Japan. Most Japanese guys prefer slim women to fat women, so we try to keep our figure slim.

In Niger, people worried that I would not be able to find a husband as I was thin. Every day they encouraged me to be fat. Some people advised me to take medicine to get fat. I asked them what kind of medicine should I have? They replied, "Vitamins!" Funny.

Today, I was chatting with Crive, a driver at our clinic. He said, "Most American guys like slim women with big breasts. I don't understand that. Here, we don't like big breasts."
He continued, three quarters of Zambian guys prefer slim women to fat women and they don't like big boobs. They think fat women with big boobs aren't stylish, sophisticated or modern.

It's a new finding here in Zambia. There is an ethnic group who doesn't like big boobs in the world. Even in Japan, guys like big boobs the same as guys in the USA. Though after World War II, we were affected by American culture like Hollywood movies. Hundreds of years ago, we thought flat bust was beautiful. And of course, it depends on the person.

I'll ask my Zambian friends what kind of woman/guy they prefer? I might get interesting results.

No comments:

Post a Comment