Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shopping in Kalomo Market


Here is Kalomo Market in the morning. We can see a lot of cabbege. I bought one. It was 3000ZMK.( 5000ZMK=1USD)

Tomatos. 4 tomatos=1000ZMK. I bought those for our patients in  wards. 10000ZMK.


Grapefruits. 2000ZMK / each. I bought two of them.


Spring onions. 1000ZMK / 1 bunch.  I rarely find them here. We Japanese love them. I bought one bunch.

Roasted corns. In this picture, you can see their colours are yellow. But actually before they are roasted, their colours were white. In Japan I thought the colour of corn is yellow and they are sweet. In Zambia, they aren't sweet. It might be a different breed.


Chickens.

Metal plates.

Buckets and braziers. I bought a small brazier for our clinic. It was 15000ZMK. We should use it when electricity is stopped, like this .


 

No comments:

Post a Comment