Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cancidates with misunderstandings


Many Zambian guys try to pick us up here because of our skin colour. They want to get married with white women. I'm Japanese, but for them, I'm also a 'white woman'. They think all of us are very rich. They don't have much understanding of the global economy, so they just think if they were to get married with us, they would have plenty of money automatically. Even a guy who you meet for the first time on the street proposes to you. "I love you, Madam. I want you to be my wife" And they are insistent. although you say 'No', they follow you. it's really annoying.

I always try to explain how life is in Japan. We should work hard all day long to get money and the cost of living is very expensive so we're always struggling with a shortage of money, but they don't believe it. They think we can get a lot of money so easily.

One man said, "You should get married with my nephew. He loves you a lot and he would make you happy. You wouldn't have to worry about housework. You can hire a maid. And just buy a farm, so you can get a lot of money easily". And his wife added "You should prepare some money for my nephew's mother before your wedding". I'm just an ordinary single woman, why did they think I could afford to buy a farm? And what if I can afford to do so, why should I pay money to my husband and his family? Their ideas are totally stupid. That man and his wife are not uneducated. They graduated from college, but they still have wrong perceptions.

I know some women from developed countries who got married to African guys, I want to know how they manage these misunderstandings about economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment