Monday, January 16, 2012

My patient passed away.

My patient passed away last weekend. A baby in a ward. He was malnourished. I gave him high-energy milk every 3 hours and his weight was increasing. He came to our clinic on Friday and he had gained 500g by Saturday evening. I thought he was getting well. But Saturday midnight, his condition suddenly deteriorated. We sent him to the district hospital. His condition looked so serious. On Sunday, I went to the hospital to see him. And I found that he had died.

I'm shocked. What happened to him? Was my treatment not adequate? I'm not sure.I don't have enough experience with malnourished babies. It's my first time because I've never seen them in JAPAN. My colleagues told me it was not my fault. I know it. I did what I thought was the best way. However, I feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment